Sunday, November 27, 2005

i came so close...

...to shutting my wee bloggy down last night. i have the decimated template and the final post stored away, just in case.

i've had it up my back teeth with everything lately. no interest in any of the things that normally bring me joy. my sense of self is quite battered - consumed with self-doubt and self-loathing, suffering a severe lack of self-esteem and confidence. even my fabulous new job is a pain in the arse (but never to the extent of the old one - we must count our blessings where we can find them...)

yes, i am probably loopy and hopefully you will still love me when i work my way through the dark fog that has descended.

i'm off to feed the good wolf and kick the mongrel butt of the evil wolf.

just a quick reminder...

One evening an old Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee replied simply, "The one you feed."