Saturday, December 11, 2004

my life is just a crazy round of shopping and parties...

i'm not sure where i'm at right now. not quite the blahs but not quite in the realms of happiness. it might just be the usual christmas cringe creeping up on me - i'm doing my best to pretend it isn't on the horizon.

thursday night i went shopping to look for something to wear to the office christmas party on friday night. instead, i bought 2 pairs of jeans and 3 t-shirts and got change from $60. you've gotta love the big w pricing policy - the jeans were on sale for $14.02 each, the tees were $9.86. miss e came over later in the evening to show off her new haircut and to admire my christmas decos.

friday morning, i wasted too much time fretting about what to wear to the christmas party - should i wear my party clothes to work? take my party clothes and get changed later?? come home first and get dressed here??? decisions, decisions!! in the end, i had a grump moment and decided to not bother going to the party. i just wore my comfy purple jeans and a new cream t-shirt to work (we have dag days on fridays so we can dress down.) there was much consternation at my decision not to attend the party, so eventually i allowed myself to be coerced into it and was going to come home and change (with the option of not going still being open to me...) a combination of bucketing down rain and further harrassment from my co-workers (knowing that i might just go home and stay home) saw me attend the party in my daggy workwear. the party ended up being quite a lot of fun (much better that last year's pathetic effort...) it was held at a mexican restaurant near kings cross. i drank waaaaaaaaaay too much wine and ate not enough food to mop it up and was very inebriated. i yabbered on at lots of people so i hope i didn't embarrass myself too much... miss e says i was very well behaved but just very talkative... i remember walking back up to oxford street and having to stop every few steps because i was weaving all over the footpath... we got a taxi home and miss e accompanied me up the two flights of stairs to my flat because she was worried that i would not make it up here by myself... for most of today i have felt like crap. luckily i had to go to the post office to pick up a parcel this morning so i grabbed a nice big coffee and a 2 litre bottle of vanilla coke and had a very quiet day at home...