Thursday, July 15, 2004

i can't hear me...

i'm at home today. my voice has disappeared and my ears hurt. my wonder cure did not work...

memory meme found here which i linked to from here while visiting here...

==PRESCHOOL==
the neighbour boy that i used to play with started school before i did, so i used to tag along when his mother walked him to school. i don't know why he started going to school before i did. we were born on the same day/same year yet he started school at the beginning of the year, i started half way through the year.

1966 ==KINDERGARTEN==
there was a girl in my kindergarten class called giovanna. she cried for the first week and screamed if her father so much as look like leaving her side. her dad spent the first week at kindergarten with her.

1967 ==FIRST==
i have vague memories of a teacher with long red hair and a mean face. she used to check our fingernails for cleanliness before letting us into the classroom each day.

1968 ==SECOND==
my teacher's son, who was in kindergarten, used to kiss me on the cheek all the time. i asked her to tell him to stop kissing me and she thought i said 'kicking me' and slapped him. he never spoke to me again.

1969 ==THIRD==
sitting in the library, watching the neil armstrong walk on the moon.

1970 ==FOURTH==
getting a slap across the back of the knees with a ruler for misbehaving. we had been left to sit in the playground while the teacher had to rush off and do something. one of the boys was to report back on any bad behaviour. i don't remember what i did but he dobbed me in. there was a girl named debbie who was showing off the hole in her undies, yet she escaped, unslapped - i wonder why...

1971 ==FIFTH==
the best teacher in the world - bless you mr graham - i think my sick sense of humour was encouraged by this man - he loved to tell us really bad jokes. the whole class adored him. when i had braces fitted on my teeth, he made me stand in front of the class and told them to call me all the awful names they could think of and get it out of their systems. he threatened awful things if he ever heard anybody say anything about them after that day and it worked.

1972 ==SIXTH==
the gorgeous young student teacher. at lunchtime, it was like bees to honey. all the girls would be fluttering about him. we did a production of 'the pirates of penzance' and he was in charge of scenery - surprisingly, every girl who didn't have a part on stage volunteered to work on the scenery (including me)...

1973 ==FIRST FORM==
scary, scary high school: missing friends who went to a different high school, so many new faces, having to change rooms for classes, different teachers for every class.
fun, fun high school: lots of new friends, going on an after school trip to see 2001: a space odyssey with our cool science teacher - a tall nordic blonde from minnesota.

1974 ==SECOND FORM==
i don't remember a lot about this year. i turned 13. i have just looked at my school photo. i look surly and have really long hair...

1975 ==THIRD FORM==
another year of few memories. this year's school photos has me smiling and my hair is shorter. i'm wearing my summer uniform and all the other girls are in winter uniforms...

1976 ==FOURTH FORM==
the year of my first real snog - with a boy i met at a free ac/dc concert at bradfield park under the harbour bridge...

1977 ==FIFTH FORM==
a big year. i turned 16, i left school and started working. lotsa stuff happened in this year. i think it is one of my favourites.

1978 ==TWELFTH==
i didn't get this far...

==SCHOOL AFTER HIGH SCHOOL=
i never went to school again...

==DESCRIBE TWO MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY PARTIES OF YOURS==
see q1 here in my original blog interview and this one.

==DESCRIBE GETTING YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE==
apart from forgetting to put the car into 'drive' to do a hill start immediately after doing a reverse park and getting stuck at an intersection for ages because a bus was blocking my view, i passed. my mother had her test straight after me so our licences are one number apart.

==EVER DONE ANYTHING CRAZY TO GET YOUR CRUSH'S ATTENTION? IF SO, WHAT?==
never

==DESCRIBE A FUN VACATION YOU'VE TAKEN==
see item 48 here...

==WHAT CITIES HAVE YOU LIVED IN?==
sydney
london

==HOW DID YOU MEET ALL YOUR FRIENDS?==
school, jobs, bowling, the net, life

==ACTIVITIES==
bowling, blogging

==PETS==
none at the moment, not since poor boo boo went to the great birdcage in the sky...

==CRUSHES==
i've had millions and i have some right now but i'm not telling...

==JOBS==
see items 28-39 of my 100 list, i'm too lazy to type it again... i will tell you that i'm now a 'superannuation employer accounts administrator' - i think i will have to update my 100 list...

more later...