Sunday, September 11, 2005

perfect pitch

first of all, many happy, happy birthday wishes to my dear friend, cg. love you lots, girlie!! this wonderful friend has sent me a card congratulating me on my new job. she is very proud of me as she has known me through the good and the bad years and she knows the efforts i have gone to, to get to where i am today. what a girl!

a relatively relaxed weekend. so much of my self-induced stress has fallen away with the imminent release from headset hell.

did the usual housework tango yesterday. in the evening, miss e came over and we had a multicultural feast of lebanese & vietnamese food and swiss chocolate while watching a dvd of our favourite western australia rockers, eskimo joe and friday night's rage video. miss e is another wonderful friend who has known me mostly through the bad years so i am glad she will finally get to see me without my grump on. she bought me some lovely gerberas, just because.

i seriously don't know where i'd be without my fabulous friends.

today we went to see the perfect match - an american remake of a great british film of a book by one of my favourite authors. luckily, the us version is so unlike the uk one that it did not disappoint me and ruin my memories of the original. it was a nice romantic comedy with the standard plot of boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy and girl sort it out for a happy ending.

unconscious mutterings
1. Related:: family
2. Soothing:: balm
3. Flashback:: acid...
4. Turmoil:: tumult
5. Immense:: vast
6. Guitar:: air...
7. Nonsense:: stuff and...
8. Blame:: it on the...
9. Childlike:: not childish
10. Duff:: jeff

a 4 weekend which is 20% of the RWDHA

music to my ears
silent alarm : bloc party
rage video from last week and friday night