Thursday, September 01, 2005

nagging self doubt

despite the euphoria of the last 24 hours, the idea that i will soon be leaving headset hell for new job paradise has taken an amazing toll. today i am just totally exhausted and can't find the energy do much of anything. i did find the strength to roam about the whirled wild whatever, looking for inspiration for letters of resignation and some quality with colorado tim and a few others. a little bit of vanity also finally overcame the stubborn streak that saw me trying to grow the colour out of my hair and see just how old i have become. while i type this, l'oréal excellence is updating the piebald dark brown, medium brown and silver mess that was my hair to become darkest brown...

on another totally different tangent,i am freaking out... eek! eek!! eek!!! there is still no written confirmation. i keep waiting for someone to call and say 'sorry, we made a mistake' or worse, 'ha ha! it was a joke!!'. self doubt is such a bitch.

off to see last days with miss e tonight - our filmink freebie for the month.

more later...

update:: not much more to tell...

my old boss and friend, rc, confirmed that he had been called for a reference so i should get my letter tomorrow. i might stop panicking now...
my hair is very very dark brown - more like black - i look a bit like an aging goth.
movie was ok, a bit boring at the start but got better.

only a 2 day which is 20% of the RDDHA. i can't expect much more if i don't go out until after dark.

music to my ears
vega 95.3 - i have received a letter from vega - i have to go and pick up my cd prize from their office. i can't enter any more contests for 30 days so there is little or no chance of me going to see jimmy webb...