Sunday, October 12, 2003

apparently sunday IS the new saturday...

...according to miss e, the younger, trendy set don't care about about early monday starts, they drink just as much on sunday nights as if it were saturday...

taking a cue from these pups, we drank a bottle of champagne to celebrate her new apartment [again 8-) ] and then downed a few more glasses of verdehlo whilst watching the scotland/japan rugby match. with miss e being a true scots (edinburgh) girl with accent intact and me having a scottish surname, it was good to see them win.

played:
hatful of rain - best of del amitri, in the interests of my heritage.
duran duran - greatest hits (earlier today and again now... another addition to the obsessions list perhaps... 80s song lyrics as therapy is a scary concept but it works...)
crime of the century - supertramp - ohmigod - what a blast from the past - my first 'international' concert live at the hordern pavlova in 1976 or 1977... how amazing, after 25+ years, i still know all the words without hesitation...

have discovered that my left shin is bruised ALL down the front. the initial bruise on my knee is a beauty, but the bigger bruise covering most of my shin is scary - i know now why my leg hurt so much when i tumbled on friday morning... (still suspect that it was a case of sustaining personal injury as a way of avoiding my life...)