Friday, October 10, 2003

i'll tumble 4 ya

(this is my second attempt at this post - damned explorer has a bad habit of crashing just when i'm blogging like a demon!)

made it on the 7.14 express this morning - even managed to sit in my 2nd favourite seat. off the bus in the city, i'm walking down bent street, new order (get ready - slow jam - my favourite song on the disc - i can't get enough of this) blasting away in my earphones, loss of concentration and i'm face first in the footpath. that surreal feeling when you know you've tripped and you think you can save yourself, but it's too late, the pavement is coming up to meet you and your arms windmill, trying to stay vertical... ouch - my left knee might not be the same again - nice bruise coming through - it will be prettier tomorrow... the saddest thing about this event? - the song in the title of this post was the first thing that came to my befuddled brain and it stayed there all day...

heartfelt thanks to the two gentlemen who helped me to my feet and and found somewhere for me to sit until the colour returned to my cheeks and then returned with a glass of water. a universe of good things will come your way... i had a little cry (result of shock and the agonising pain in my left leg...) and then hobbled off to work - even managed to make it on time. took some panadeine forte which numbed the pain and my brain so the day was a bit of a write off. perhaps the universe was just giving me something to think about to take my mind off the evening ahead... (which in the end turned out ok - thanks universe - that is all i will say on that subject...)

today's other cds:
a rush of blood to the head - coldplay
songs from the big chair & elemental - in celebration of the return of tears for fears

there is no number today but my knee is feeling numb - the word is spoken.