Monday, August 30, 2004

spooky

things keep jumping off the shelf above my kitchen bench. is it a poltergeist or have i just stuffed too much junk up there?

my voice has improved only slightly - the seal element is gone. i have a mild fever - i keep changing between having the heater on or the windows open. the doctor agreed that i need antibiotics to kill this bug that has me laid low and told me to stay home tomorrow as well. i've had two glasses of my sore throat special concoction, taken some paracetamol for the headache & fever and am craving cups of tea - the warmth seems to ease my throat. after very little sleep last night and my marathon effort with monday madness, i snuggled up on the couch to watch lost in translation and managed to miss most of it by nodding off.

let's go bowling!
i didn't bowl tonight but ho has just sent me a text message to let me know that our team won 8 points - we may sneak back to the top!!

happiness challenge:
the first of my amazon uk cd purchases arrived today - yippee!!

today's soundtrack:
a song is a city : eskimo joe
hopes & fears : keane
the runaway found : the veils
the final straw : snow patrol
ask me how i am : snow patrol (cd single)
son of evil reindeer : reindeer section
the last broadcast : doves