Tuesday, October 12, 2004

summer??

aaarrrggghhh!!! mark I
my favourite season has been hijacked. we had 35°C temperatures in beautiful downtown sydney today with 37-38°C forecast for tomorrow. it is alleged that there will be a cool change with temps of 25°C on thursday and back to a much more civilised 22°C on friday - i bloody hope so!! at least the humidity is below 50% but that just makes it drier for the bushfire season...

aaarrrggghhh!!! mark II
it's official, my braincell has gone on a permanent holiday... due to the heat, i decided it was time to resurrect the electric fan. i thought it was in the 'spare' room (the one full of junk) - nope!. i looked in my bedroom - no, checked the wardrobes - no, looked in the kitchen & bathroom cupboards (the ones that are still empty since the great cockroach massacre of january 2003) - no. called my mother and miss e to see if they could think of anywhere else i may have hidden it - no... in a last ditch effort, i thought i'd look under my bed. there it was, sitting on the floor next to my bed, not hidden, not pretending to be a potplant or something else. i'm so embarrassed!!! but at least i feel cool...

apart from the heat and the stupidity, it was an ok 8 dog day. no word from the agency about an interview yet but i've settled in to the fact that i will be leaving as soon as i can so i'm not letting the place stress me too much. i cooked some yummy pasta with rocket, lemon juice, chili, garlic and parmesan for dinner and i'm alright with the world.

today's soundtrack:
the final straw : snow patrol