...it's back to work i go and i really would have preferred to stay at home in bed. my voice deteriorated throughout the day but has improved again tonight. i fear i'm destined to spend the rest of my life with a dodgy voice. oh, well i can't complain - a 15 dog day and a request to the universe answered - what more can a girl ask for?
1. Please tell us a little bit about your job (or your classes). i shuffle paper and i talk to people...
2. Do you enjoy your job? sometimes
3. What would make your job more satisfying for you? remove the 'talking to people' part. oh, and a bucketload more money would be nice...
4. Name one thing you don't like about your job. talking to people (did you see that coming???)
5. Do you feel you are compensated adequately for what you do? no, but who ever does?
6. Any thoughts on social security and health benefits? using my limited knowledge of social (in)security and health benefits in other countries, i think that here in oz we are better off than some others. although my one short experience with our lovely 'jobstart' programme was demeaning, degrading and damned awful - i think they make it that way so you aren't tempted to stay on it for too long...
7. What are your thoughts on the current minimum wage? it is not enough and probably never will be.
8. What kind of advice do you (or would you) give your children regarding their future and their career choices? make sure it is something you love
9. What is your 'dream job'? bookstore/cafe or something with animals
10. At what age will you be (or were you) able to retire? i can cash in my super at 56 but who knows?? not something i think about really.
127,97(eek!),121. we got 4 points and have slipped to 2nd place but we still have a chance to redeem ourselves!
the runaway found : the veils
the real thing : russell morris - i'm playing it right now to celebrate the 35th anniversary of it's release. put on your psychadelics and your love beads and sing along with me... oomowmowmowmow... it still sounds fabulous to me.