Friday, September 03, 2004

winter in america - doug ashdown & jimmy stewart

in response to the numerous google pilgrims who come here in search of lyrics for 'winter in america' by doug ashdown, i post the following:

Winter In America - Doug Ashdown & Jimmy Stewart

The harbour's misty in the morning, love, oh how I miss December.
The frangipani any opens up to kiss the salty air.
I know you're getting ready for the office.
I suppose he's still there, with you, sharing our morning sun.

Winter in America is cold and I just keep growing older.
I wish I could have known enough of love, to leave love enough alone.

I've learned something of love I wish I'd known before you left me.
But it's funny how you don't know what you've got until it's gone.
And I hope you're getting all the love you ever wanted.
But I wish I was there, with you, sharing our morning sun.

I wake into the sadness of the rain and making love to strangers.
And wishing I had known enough of love, to leave love enough alone.

Winter in America is cold and I just keep growing older.
I wish I could have known enough of love, to leave love enough alone.


one of the favourite songs in the soundtrack of my life.